Sunday, October 6, 2013

Book Worm

So I've been reading a lot these past couple of months and I just absolutely love it. I feel like this generation is losing so many great things such as books, and instead using computers or kindles or iPads to read stories. I don't know if its just me, but doesn't anyone like to buy and hold an actual book and be able to physically turn the pages instead of sliding your finger across a screen? My favorite part about reading a old book is the smell. Yes. the smell. It's such a genuine and antique smell and UGH I just love it. Anyways, I just wanted to make a post about some of the books I recommend you guys reading! (: xx 


1. The Land- Mildred D. Taylor
I HIGHLY recommend this book; its a fiction novel based on Post Civil War time but its just such an easy book to read and the plot is really great UGH

2. It's Kind of a Funny Story-Ned Vizzini
This is just a great teen fiction novel that tells the struggles of what teens are going through these days and it's just written so wonderfully and READ IT. 

3. The Five People You Meet in Heaven-Mitch Albom
I love Mitch Albom's books and I highly recommend reading this one. It's just so interesting and gave me a different perspective on how much of an impact you can make on somebodies life and what you go through when you have died.

4. Peter Pan-J.M.Barrie
Yes you've all seen the Disney Movie, but the book is actually quite different from it (obviously), and I think its just a great read. 

5.The Perks of Being A Wallflower-Stephen Chbosky
Of course every person in the world by now has seen this movie; God knows we see 'We accept the love we think we deserve' and 'And in that moment, I swear we were infinite' quotes all the freakin time on tumblr, BUT a lot of people have yet to read the book and like 'It's kind of a funny story' it also shares the story of a teenager going through struggles.

6. The Time Keeper- Mitch Albom
This is one of the most interesting books I've read, not  because of the plot but by the way its written. It tells not one, but three stories about different people who are complete strangers but will have an impact on each others lives. 

7. To Kill A Mockingbird-Harper Lee
I know every school makes their students read this one time or another but a lot of people don't give it enough credit. The first time I read it, I absolutely hated it but I read it twice more and I understood what it was really about. And I normally don't say this about movies based on books, but the film was actually really good-especially because of the fact that Gregory Peck is in it<3 He's just so dreamy!!

8. Dash and Lilys Book of Dares-Rachel Cohn
I mentioned this book a couple posts ago, but seriously this book is so great. The characters are so funny and 85% of the book made me grab my face cause CUTE. Its basically about these two teenagers in NY during Christmas break and it's just an adorable read and if you love teen fiction, I RECOMMEND THIS!

9. Nine Stories- J.D. Salinger
We've heard that name before, J.D. Salinger from the book "The Catcher and the Rye"but people never talk about his other books. The title is basically what the book is about: it's just 9 short stories. This is great because sometimes I can get bored with just one big book, but this one theres a completely new story every 15 pages to keep me entertained. (did anyone see that my 9th book down the list was 9 stories lol im so funny)

10. Looking for Alaska- John Green
Theres not a complete book list without mentioning one from John Green. How can I explain this normally... ummm... HE'S FREAKING AMAZING. Ugh he just completely understands what teenagers want to read and UGHHHH i love him. Im sure by now every teenager girl has read this. And along with Perks of Being A Wallflower, this too has its quotes posted up on millions of tumblr blogs. But yeah, I really likey this book and you should read it 

11. Letters to a Young Poet- Rainer Maria Rilke
This book is dedicated to all you poetry lovers out there. I've never been the biggest poetry fan but this book is really beautiful and so interesting, I mean I've underlined almost half of the book because theres so much deep stuff in there man. It's just one of those books that makes you think, haha.


So these are the books I've read in the past couple months, hope you enjoyed! What are your favorite books? Leave a comment down below! ((: x 

No comments:

Post a Comment