Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Foundations



 Foundation is the most important factor when it comes to putting on makeup. It brings in the whole entire look together and holds it in place. We've all gone through the process of finding the perfect foundation and going through trial runs of having it been the wrong color, bad coverage, or just simply not good. When it comes to foundation, I look for what most of everyone else looks for: Light with solid coverage. After 3 years of finding what best suits my skin, I've come to four good foundations with a different purpose to my makeup routine.

When I'm going out on the town or to a fancy dinner party, I turn to my Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. Yes, it is a little heavy but it has amazing coverage- it can seriously cover any redness, acne, scars, etc. Unlike some others, this foundation does not smear or run off; when you put it on your face, it stays there until you rinse it off. Another factor is that it has a little bit of shimmer, which I usually wouldn't like but one nights out, it adds a bit of glow to the face. Plus I sometimes feel like Edward Cullen and embrace my glittery-ness. 

 For the days where my skin is looking relatively normal, I will turn to my beloved bareMinerals Original Foundation. I'm still not used to the fact that is a powder foundation, but I love the way it looks on my skin and that it feels so light- I can barely feel it on my face. I wouldn't say it gives solid coverage like Rimmel, but it does cover any light redness around the face. On days where I need some SPF and my skin has a little more redness than usual, I will turn to my Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream or my Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation from Benefit. I would say these foundations are about the same. Their coverage does cover r. Plus they both have an SPF of 25-35 which is great for those sunny days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment