Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Flashback

2013. I would have to give it an B+. I still can't believe how fast this year went, it seems only yesterday it was January 1, 2013 and everyone calmed down over the 'End of the World' scare (to be honest, it did kind of freak me out). I feel like I have changed so much throughout this year-I seemed to care less and also cared more. I know that sounds weird, "how could you care less AND more?", but it really was.

I seemed to care less about my appearance and learned to love myself each and everyday. I've always had self esteem issues, especially with my body and I would always pick on my flaws everyday and draw out how I wished I looked, but I knew that wasn't doing me any good. So little by little, I put hide away my eyebrow kit to let them grow naturally, I would take away all my heavy makeup to show the natural beauty, and I stopped picking on my body everyday. It made me feel a lot better about myself; now I can't say that I still don't do those stuff every once in a while, but it has progressed since then.

Also I would have to say my style has changed drastically. Before, I would shop however all the other girls would dress up-bold colors, jewelry, etc. And I know that sounds nice but I knew that this wasn't my style at all. I found new places to shop at that would suite my monochrome taste, and chic ways to style them all. It sounds weird but yeah haha.

I also cared more- I started caring more about my education and my future. You see lots of people on tumblr saying that if you don't want to go to college, than don't-but I feel that's not right. I feel college is a wonderful place to learn more than you could ever learn in high school. I mean some people can choose how many classes you want so you don't have to me overly stressed about certain classes-but the classes that you do choose can easily change your life. Im planning on taking philosophy and sociology next year and I know for a fact that taking all what the teacher says in, will give me a new perspective on everything. (Disclaimer: I'm not saying that you have to go to college, you really don't have to if you don't want to, I was just stating my opinion).

Anyway, let's begin the photos.



So the first thing that really happened this year was when I went to see Ed Sheeran in concert in February. It was literally so amazing, his vocals live are just.. UGH I CANNOT EVEN DESCRIBE. Also, it was his birthday so he told everyone to dress up. I'm not the costume type so I wrote a name tag that said Glen Coco and brought 4 candy canes haha. I went with my best friend and we also met the A Team Angel and she was sooo lovely and so british and I was just in awe. 

Next was the probably one of the most exciting things ever: GRADUATION! I went to a dump of a high school and although I hated it so much, I actually REALLY MISS IT. I miss going to classes and having fun with all my friends in class and not paying attention and befriending teachers and it was just so amazing-WHY DID I HATE IT? Seriously if you're a senior in high school just counting the seconds till you get out- PLEASE CHERISH THE MOMENTS I know exactly what ever senior is going through, I had horrible senior-itis but I actually really miss my high school and plan on visiting soon. But anyway, I'm on the far right. Our school colors were yellow and brown (aka pee and poop), needless to say I hated it but it looks kind of decent looking in the photo. 

Next was my first ever, independent trip to San Francisco with my best friend. The start was kind of shaky and filled with anxiety but later on, it got to be so amazing. We visited museums, malls, tourist sites, cafes, etc. It was so amazing-plus we stayed at a fancy hotel and befriended the guy who brought us our room service. I don't think I'll ever forget it because it was my first trip without any adults or family members. Just me, my bff, and all of San Francisco. After this trip, I plan on traveling a lot more whether its a group tour, or if it's a road trip away that I can hang out with my friends.

Next was my failed Vidcon experience with my other friend in August. We accidentally went the day before Vidcon actually began so we didn't see any youtubers but it was fun seeing all the other fans and  all the signs and such. Plus that's when we both started our official youtube channel (when you're in vidcon, your obviously going to vlog it because youtube) I won't give it away now but hopefully when/if we make more videos in the future and we actually know how to edit decently, than I might post it up. 

Also in August, I got to see these 5 idiots. You probably know them as One Direction. First off, I actually got to see 5SOS (I'm a Luke girl). Seriously, the TMH concert was so incredibly fun. I went alone, seeing as none of my friends like 1D (boo) but I got to meet two wonderful girls next to me and we all fangirled together. It was beautiful. I was so close yet so far from the second stage and I was seriously about to cry-I love these guys so much and they have changed my life forever. I also brought a CD for Niall and was going to throw it on stage but I was too far away, plus security caught me and almost made me throw it away when I convinced them that it was my brothers, whoopsies. 

Earlier this December, I went to The Grove with my friend to see the Christmas Tree Lighting show they have every year. Besides seeing Mary J. Blige, CeeLo Green, Jewel, and other artists, I also got to see some 'long time friends'. I call them italian buttheads, but others will know them as Il Volo. They're a operatic pop group from Italy and they're pretty amazing. Reason why I call them 'long time friends' is because I have met and seen the live about 6 times and they always recognize me because I used to wear these bold red glasses (showing that I had liked one specific member-Piero). Although I didn't get a picture with Piero or Ignazio, I got one with Gianluca. It was so funny, after I took my photo with him, I saw his hand reach out for my face and I got so scared and almost screamed when he was just trying to pinch my cheek. Needless to say my face was red with embarrassment and laughter. 

Last but not least, December 24. Also known as my birthday! Instead of getting a traditional cake, I always get Chocolate Cheesecake- it's seriously so delicious and heavenly. This year, I just spent it with my family instead of going to see my extended family, making it a lot better because they would usually throw a huge birthday bash and get me things I would never use or like and take millions of photos. This way I ate my cake, took some photos, and watched Les Miserables in peace. 

So, there you have it! All my big moments of 2013 in one post. As for resolutions, I think they are to post a lot more, gain weight the healthy way, and to step out of my comfort zone and to branch out from my 2 not-so-fun friends. I hope the new year has lots of good things in store for you! See you in 2014. 








No comments:

Post a Comment