Friday, November 1, 2013

October Favorites!

October Favorites!





















It is officially the end of October which means every single department store is adding the last finishing touches for the Christmas season. And that I get to do my October Favorites (wee)! 

1. Clothes: The weather down in SoCal is unbelievably hormonal; one week its pouring rain and the next, its 80 degrees and sunny. Whilst browsing around my mom's closet, I found this plain but cute cable knit sweater-something I've been looking for for years and I didn't even have to pay for it. It goes with pretty much everything, whether you layer it with a collard top underneath or just wear it by itself. Its a perfect autumn essential. 

2. Movies: Okay so as soon as it struck midnight on October 1st, I just had to pull out Hocus Pocus. It is one of my all time favorite {Halloween} movies and I genuinely laugh and cry throughout 95% of the film. Its so hilarious and there are so many jokes that I didn't get as a child that I get now and UGH its amazing. Another movie that I've watched is the Phantom of the Opera (2004). Now its not very halloweeny but it sure is spooky. I grew up with this movie, and by that I mean I have it on soundtrack cassette, seen the play and seen the 1920's version. I watched this a while ago and kind of forgot about it until I saw an ad for Phantom and remembered how much I loved it. Gerard Butler is incredibly sexy in this film and I just wish I was Christine DaaƩ (aka Emmy Rossum). Both of their voices are incredible and beautiful and I love that movie so so so much. fun fact, my favorite song is Past the Point of No Return- SO SEXY. Basically this movie is sexy.

3. Shoes: Autumn means boots. thats all. I've pretty much been living in my brown military boots throughout October and they just go with everything. 

4. Makeup: Autumn also mean dry weather so instead of putting on the BB Cream, eyeliner, mascara, bronzer routine, I've just been putting my bareMinerals Original Foundation powder with concealer and some eyebrow powder and just head out the door. I swear I would be the worst makeup artist because I hardly wear anything! But in all seriousness, this powder is amazing. It totally covers any redness I have on my face along with any imperfections. 

5. Food: Now what's October without candy?! Besides any kind of chocolate, m&m's are the only candy I will eat. Fun Fact, I've never had any other candy besides m&m and chocolate- I know, Im a freak. But yeah, I especially love their fall colors mix-makes me feel warm and happy inside haha. 

October Favorites! by kat-94 featuring a cable jumper

No comments:

Post a Comment