Friday, September 13, 2013

August Favorites!

So I know we're already two weeks into September, but I felt like I should show you guys what I've been loving in the mont of August! Enjoy xx (: 


I've always been one to not really bother putting on sunscreen as a child and unfortunately, that turned out to be a bad decision-now I have all these dark spots on my face and have been recently getting an uneven skin tone ): I purchased the Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Correcter *whew what a name*. After 4 weeks of using it every morning and night, I can happily say my skin tone has very much improved! Along with putting that on, I also apply the Clinique Super City Block Sunscreen SPF 40. 


This has been my go-to face wash since the beginning of August and I can actually say, it works very well! I have combination skin and an oily T-zone so I needed to find something that wouldn't irritate my skin and BAM.. This is it. It smells very girly and sweet and it does the job by removing all makeup  and dirt off your face :3 



A lot of people say when you go to college, you have the freedom to wear lots of makeup and to dress up and stuff, but personally, I'm not that kind of gal. Im not one to spend an hour on my face-especially when I have to wake up at 6:00 am in the morning to drive 30 minutes away. I needed something that would do the job in an easy way and the Bare Minerals Loose Powder Foundation does the job. I've never used powder as a base before so this was very new to me and I was very impressed. It even covered up my middle eastern dark circles! :D (Weee!) 


Speaking of Middle Eastern dark circles, needless to say CONCEALER IS A NECESSITY FOR ME. I've spent my years trying to find a good concealer that covers my dark circles throughout the day; whether I'm at school all day or going out with friends, etc. This concealer really does the job by covering that up. It has a very rich, creamy consistency which makes it easier to blend in evenly. The only flaw is that it does crease after a couple of hours and so sometimes I have a long white line across my eyelid -.- I would have to get a primer or even powder my eyelid to mattify it but other than that, it's a great concealer.



Even though it's not autumn here in California doesn't mean I can't put on autumn inspired makeup! I got this L'oréal eyeshadow kit a long time ago but never really used it until now. It's been my daily makeup look for a couple weeks now and I love how it looks! I use the Hazel brown color as a base and use the gold-champagne shimmery color to highlight the inner corners, and than I take dark brown color from another pallet or the dark plum color and lightly shade that around the outer corners. After that I line my eyes with brown eyeliner and put mascara. It's a subtle autumn look I think I'm going to stick with for a while (:


I finally gave in and purchased the Batiste Dry Shampoo from UO. I held myself back for a while, convincing myself that I don't need it but I JUST WANTED IT. And it's true, it works wonderfully. It makes my hair smell like the girliest girl out there and adds more volume to my hair (which I lack very much of) and yeah, this is a great buy if you're thinking of getting it (: 

Now for Non-Beauty Favorites! (which is just music haha)
If you wanna hear what songs I've been loving for the autumn time, click here (:


Follow me on my Bloglovin & check out my Polyvore! 
Hope you have a wonderful day (: 











No comments:

Post a Comment